Dear Bookspace Readers and Fans alike:
Planes and trains provide some of the best and longest opportunities for uninterrupted reading, and oh how I have taken advantage of those vehicles over the last five weeks. Boats and automobiles as well, but those are much harder to read on and I don't recommend reading and driving (although, terrifyingly, I have seen it done before. Or, everyday. Put down your phones, people! Ain't nothing that important!).
We'll have a lot of pop reviews coming online in the next few days, and some great interviews. In the meantime, here's a shortlist of what you should be reading now, if you aren't already:
- Station Eleven, Emily St. John Mandel
- Girl in a Band, Kim Gordon
- A Brief History of Seven Killings, Marlon James
- Every Little Thing, adapted by Cedella Marley
- The Buried Giant, by Kazua Ishiguro (if you're into this kind of thing)
Still to come: POP Reviews, literary news, and some downtown recommendations.